Wow! I can’t believe the Fall semester here at Lookout Books has come to an end. We’re a teaching press (as you probably know already). Our staff is almost entirely made up of graduate students doing design, marketing, editing, blogging, social media, and way more.
As blog editor, it has been an absolute pleasure to work with our current staff: Joe Worthen, Katie Jones, Ethan Warren, Anna Sutton, and Ana Alvarez. I’d like to thank them for their hard work and take a brief moment to re-cap my favorite blog posts this semester:
- The Five Best H.P. Lovecraft Book Covers – Joe Worthen
- Five of the Very Greatest Writers’ (Moustaches) – Ethan Warren
- 4 Poets I Would Elect to Be President of the United States and the Subsequent Consequences of Their Presidency – John Mortara
- Dispatches from Old Books on Front St. – Anna Sutton
- Literary Playlist – Ana Alvarez
- Recommended Recommendations – Katie Jones
Also, I’d like to give you a little preview of what’s to come from Lookout Books in Spring 2013!
- Ben Miller’s debut memoir, River Bend Chronicle: The Junkification of a Boyhood Idyll amid the Curious Glory of Urban Iowa will be released March 12, 2013!
- Thanks to a generous grant from the NC Arts Council, Ben Miller and John Rybicki will tour North Carolina – any booksellers or writing groups interested in hosting? Contact us!
- Our next project will be an best-of anthology of pieces from Ecotone’s first 15 issues
- A Tribute to Edith Pearlman
- The Debut Voices of UNCW’s Lookout Books
- Small Presses Win Big: Publishers Sound Off on Their National Book Award Winners and Finalists
- Andre Dubus III & Edith Pearlman: A Reading and Conversation
Much love and all the best,
– John Mortara, Lookout Intern